Thursday, March 21, 2013

Random Tidbits

I don’t have anything *really* important to write about right now… just a few random thoughts and scraps of information.   To give each thought its own individual post would be rather silly, so I’m just dumping it all together into a single post.
- I finally stopped procrastinating and added an email subscription option.  I’ve been planning to do this for a long time, but just never got around to it… once I started, it took me a while figure the whole process out, and I’m not totally sure that all the wrinkles have been ironed out…
Anyway, if you’re a daring type of person, you can head over to my sidebar and sign up.  And, no… I’m not going to send you any spam or anything, okay?  The subscription thingy is just connected to this blog’s RSS feed.  Spam is nasty, and should be replaced with bacon.  Or… something like that…
- Okay.  Bit of a rant, next.  Wearing pajama pants in public.  Seriously, people?  You can’t get dressed before going shopping?  It’s not as if I’m asking you to wear a hat and gloves to go to Walmart – I’m only requesting that you wear normal clothes.  Of course, that brings me to my next little rant…
- Today’s clothing fashions and trends.  C’mon, people – skinny jeans look ridiculous.  Why do people want to look like they’ve been vacuum-packed into their clothing?   Ugh.  And then there’s the whole ripping-multiple-holes-into-clothing-and-calling-it-chic trend.  Seriously, don’t give me a tutorial on how to make my shirt look as if it’s gone through a paper shredder, thankyouverymuch.
- There’s a chance of snow tonight.  Snow?  In Alabama?  In the middle of March?!  I’m rather shocked at this strange turn of events, but it does provide me with a good excuse for being cold and making myself a cup of tea… :D
- I’ve yet to figure out why coffee cans are designed in such a way as to make the last few teaspoons nearly impossible to get out.  Maybe I’m the only person who’s bothered by this, I don’t know.  But I can’t convince myself to throw even that small amount of coffee out, so I spend a ridiculous amount of time fighting the blithering coffee can in order to set that last teaspoon free…
- I’ve been going through old genealogical records and photos and such lately, and I’ve been amazed at how interesting it is.  I won’t bore you with dozens of photos or anything, just this one.  This is a photo of my grandma, and I’d love to figure out how to replicate her hairstyle.  Not because I’d want to wear my hair like this, really… but it’d be fun to know how.  Given the current length of my hair, though, I don’t think I’d be able to do this without getting a haircut… and since I don’t want a haircut right now…
Oh well.  Such is life.

- Wee little cucumber plants, the first of my seeds to sprout.  We shall see how long they last before I manage to inadvertently kill the poor little things…  (Kidding.  Hopefully.)

And now that I’ve stared at this for nearly a half of an hour, trying to figure out how to end it nicely and… failing… I’m just going to click “Publish”.  Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment